An effective Chinese social media marketing campaign allows you to build a relationship between you and your customers, but also to drive direct engagement to your products and services.
China has 688 million internet users, the largest in the world. Over 90% of internet users in China are using mobile phones to access the internet, and an average Chinese internet user spends over 2 hours online – Chinese netizens are very sociable. WeChat marketing accounts for 75.3% of the over mobile marketing.
The Chinese social media landscape is very different from the west. There are 6 different types of social media network :
– Instant messenger: QQ, Wechat, Momo etc.
– Social portals: Weibo, Qzone,RenRen etc.
– Photo/video based social network: MeiPai, MiaoPai etc.
– Forum based: Douban Baidu Tieba, Zhihu etc.
– Dating websites: Jiayuan.com ,58 Jiaoyou etc.
– Professional social networking sites: Linkedin, Maimai etc.